Hamilton Lawyers’ Club History
It is unclear as to when the Hamilton Lawyers’ Club was officially formed – records kept by the Hamilton Law Association suggest the Club may have been formed in the 1920s. Before that, the Wentworth Law Association is credited with arranging the annual lawyers’ picnic, that remains an annual tradition, at least as early as 1900. Today, the Hamilton Lawyers’ Club maintains and promotes the tradition of professionalism, camaraderie and community that have become the cornerstone of the Hamilton Bar.
The executive of the Hamilton Lawyers’ Club is comprised of 10 lawyers representing various practice areas with members in all stages of their legal career.